Image of Taylor Gourmet, DCA © Copyright Giuliani Digital, All Rights Reserved.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION TEAM
Architecture | Giuliani Associates
Interiors | Richardson Design Studio
MEP Engineering | Allan & Scharriff
Builder | Builder Guru
Master Concessionaire | Concessions International
Landlord | MWAA
Onwer | Taylor Gourmet
Project Description: Concessions International retained Giuliani Associates to develop a new sandwich shop at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Taylor Gourmet opened its first restaurant on H St. NE in Washington, DC and bases its cuisine on the Philadelphia’s 9th Street Market. Giuliani drew on its years of experience gained designing food and beverage concessions at over twenty airports across the United States. Giuliani worked with Richardson Design Group and Concessions International to coordinate and develop the architectural drawings. Builder Guru was the successful bidder and completed the
project on time and within budget. The 780 square foot facility cost just over $600,000.00 to build.
Plumbing, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical utility systems were modified to accommodate new foodservice equipment and facility layout. Close coordination with foodservice equipment requirements and existing base building utility feeds was required to ensure that utility distribution systems were sized appropriately.
Professional Services: Full architectural services were provided, from schematic design through construction support services, including the following specific services:
- Survey, documentation, & analysis of existing conditions
- Alternate concept studies and design schemes
- Development of trade-dress graphics for signage
- Interior design including specialized millwork detailing
- Furniture, fixtures, & equipment selection & specifications
- Preparation of drawings to comply with airport standards
- Consultation with airport building codes department
- Coordination of engineering systems & building structure
- Construction support services, both on-site & in-office