Image of Chef Geoff, IAD © Copyright Giuliani Digital, All Rights Reserved.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION TEAM
Architecture & Interiors | Giuliani Associates
MEP Engineering | Allan & Scharriff
Design Builder | Builder Guru
Giuliani was retained by Concessions International to provide design and management services for the Chef Geoff’s at Washington Dulles International Airport. Giuliani worked with Concessions International and Allen and Sharriff to develop a set of documents that met the design standards of both Chef Geoff’s and the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. Builder Guru was awarded the project through a design/bid/build process and worked with the owner and the design team to bring the project to life.
Project Description: In the process of developing a new multi-site restaurant concept, Concessions International asked Giuliani Associates to adapt an existing facility to design standards established for the new brand image. An existing 3,400 SF tenant
space was fully fit-out with dining room table-service, a bar and take-out counter; all supported by a full commercial kitchen.
Dining area features finishes similar to the brand concept established by the Chef Geoff Brand were incorporated into the restaurant to provide a fresh, contemporary facility with finishes and fixtures similar to the Washingtonian restaurants.
Plumbing, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical utility systems were modified to accommodate new foodservice equipment and facility layout. Close coordination with foodservice equipment requirements and existing base building utility feeds was required to ensure that utility distribution systems were sized appropriately.
Professional Services: Full architectural services were provided, from schematic design through construction support services, including the following specific services:
- Survey, documentation, & analysis of existing conditions
- Alternate concept studies and design schemes
- Development of trade-dress graphics for signage
- Interior design including specialized millwork detailing
- Furniture, fixtures, & equipment selection & specifications
- Preparation of drawings to comply with airport standards
- Consultation with airport building codes department
- Coordination of engineering systems & building structure
- Construction support services, both on-site & in-office